As summer temperatures and humidity are rising, readers are reminded to keep children safe in and around cars by following these safety tips:
• Before locking your car, look inside and ensure that everyone has exited.
• Do not let children play in or around cars, where they could become locked inside in the blistering heat.
• As a reminder, under CT law, leaving a child unsupervised in a motor vehicle could result in a felony charge,
• If you observe a child left unattended in a car, please call 911 immediately as this is defined in CT as an emergency.
• The temperature in a car can rise to fatal levels in a very short time.
• Remember, pets must not be left in unattended cars either.